Friday, October 29, 2010

Early Halloween!

Last night myself and a few co-workers went trick-or-treating for UNICEF. It was a good opportunity to give the costume a test run, and raise some money for a good cause too!
Unfortunately people were pretty grumpy, but we still had a good time.

Anywhooo, heres a test-run of my (kinda last minute) costume. My original idea was zombie bride,and when I saw this dress in a thrift store I just couldn't resist. The wig is a short wig (from an old Toph cosplay), with $4 worth of curly extensions from the dollar store!

I have never really done undead makeup before, I usually hate the stuff, but I decided I would give it a shot. On actual halloween I will probably go for a more gruesome look, but this time around I had limited time to get ready, and had to work at night shift after this, so I really wanted to be able to wash it off!

On another note, I'm planning on having a Ramona Flowers cosplay done for Nov 9th *the day the Scott Pilgrim DVD is released). I am doing the costume from the cover of volume 2 (she wears this in the movie too!) , but with the more recognizable hairstyle from the movie.
This is my base wig. I already unsuccessfully sharpie-died it once, but the color was too similar to the wigs current color, and so it didn't really have an effect. This time around I'm going for a deeper magenta, and then adding the black chunks in the back and bangs.

No comments:

Post a Comment